Leg 01 (USA to Brazil)Edit
- Key West, Florida, United States. (Ernest Hemingway House). (Starting Line).
- Miami, FL to Belém, Brazil .
- Belém (Teatro da Paz).
- Belém (As Docas). (Departure Times)
- Belém (Praça do Relógio).
- Ananindeua (Shopping Formosa).
- Icoaracy Village.
In the race's first Detour, teams had to choose between Samba Sound or Samba Dance. In Samba Sound, teams had to learn and then perform a samba song with two drums before receiving their next clue, while in Samba Dance, teams had to correctly perform a Samba Dance to get their next clue. In the Roadblock, the chosen team member was required to make a pot using the pre-Columbian Marajoara tribe's knowledge and carry it to the Pitstop, where the other member was waiting. If the greeter was satisfied he'd welcome them to the country and they'd check-in. If not, they would have to do it again.
Leg 02 (Brazil)Edit
- Belém, Pará to Vitória, Espírito Santo.
- Vitória (Praia da Castanheira).
- Vitória (Estádio Salvador Venâncio da Costa).
- Vitória (Pedra da Cebola).
In this leg's Roadblock, the chosen team member had to run by the sand for half a mile, then swim to a platform and solve a little jigsaw puzzle containing their next destination before returning to their team mate by kayak. In this leg's Detour, teams had to choose between Before Soccer or After Soccer. In Before Soccer, teams had to walk through the nearby streets of the stadium to buy several items to be used during a soccer match such as a football, a whistle and an entire equipment, and give it to the referee who would hand teams their next clue. In After Soccer, teams had to dress up as soccer players, buy a little trophy and a champagne bottle and get in an open-air bus to celebrate the victory. After that, teams had to have a photo taken with their bus driver and exchange it to the referee in the stadium for their next clue.
Leg 03 (Brazil to Japan)Edit
- Vitória, Brazil to Tokyo, Japan .
- Tokyo to Nagano.
- Nagano (Zenkō-ji).
- Nagano (Minami Nagano Sports Park).
- Nagano (Olympic Stadium).
- Nagano (Shinono Higashi Elementary School).
In the Roadblock, one team member had to make a prayer so as to receive help for the rest of the race. In the Detour, teams had to choose between Ski or Skate. In Ski, teams had to correctly follow a 3 mile marked path through the mountains to get their next clue. In Skate, teams had to complete a routine of movements. If the combined score of both members was over 4.0 out of 6.0, they would receive their next clue. If not, they would have to perform the other side of the Detour.
- At the Olympic Stadium, teams were told to park their cars and run one mile to the Pitstop.
- At the Shinono Higashi Elementary School, the intersected couples had to complete a Geography exam and make no mistakes before being able to check in at the Pitstop, located in the playground.
Leg 04 (Japan to China)Edit
- Nagano, Japan to Guangzhou, China .
- Guangzhou (Guangzhou Science City).
- Guangzhou (CITIC Plaza).
- Guangzhou (Shangxiajiu Pedestrian Street).
- Guangzhou (Victory Plaza).
In the Speed Bump, the team who arrived last in the previous non-elimination leg had to make some little research with a scientist to find out the aim of the GSC. They had to look at previous investigations and some documents to help them complete the task soon. In the Fast Forward, teams were given a sentence in Chinese. They had to correctly find out their destination: a fish stall in Qing Ping Market; they had to buy 3 different fish, and bring them all the way to Guangxiao Temple, where they would find a fishbowl where to leave the fish with their next clue. In this leg's Detour, teams had to choose between Risky Job or Confusing Job. In Risky Job, teams had to make one of the world's hardest job in CITIC Plaza: window cleaning. In Confusing Job, teams had to work as officers bringing files up and down, in different floors of the CITIC Plaza. Once they reached the manager of the company, they'd receive their next clue. In the Roadblock, teams had to assemble a picture given to them in one of the windows of the street's shops. Then, they would have to buy something in the shop and exchange the ticket to an ancient lady for their next clue.
Leg 05 (China to Macau)Edit
- Jiangmen (Sino-British Restaurant).
- Macau (Ruins of St. Paul's Cathedral).
- Macau (Lotus Bridge).
- Macau (Macau Tower surroundings).
In this Detour, teams had to choose between Cook or Eat. In Cook, teams have to prepare one dish of Chinese and one dish of British food. In Eat, teams have to eat three dishes of Chinese and three dishes of British food to receive their next clue. The Roadblock required the chosen team member to bungee jump from the top of the Tower. Before performing it, teams had to look for a race flag, where the next Pitstop was located. Teams could jump as many times as they wanted so as to find the Pitstop.